Learn to Sing and Perform
Announcing the start of a new and exciting choral activity in Putnam County. The county's first community chorus for children is starting to rehearse.
Rehearsals for 2020-21 season are ___[day]___ beginning __[date]___ 2020, online using ZOOM. Join us! No audition required. Call or email us for further information. We'd love to have you!
Because of the current health situation rehearsals will be conducted online until conditions allow a return to in-person rehearsals.
Have your child become part of Putnam’s first county-wide children’s chorus and experience the joy and growth of learning to sing and perform. Your child will benefit from the expertise of a proven developer of children’s voices and the association with the county’s premiere adult chorus, The Putnam Chorale, Douglas Anderson Music Director.
Choral Director: Jessica Zamek of Zamek Music Studio
Ages: Grades 2-5 (or age equivalent)
Rehearse: One hour weekly/6:30-7:30pm online using ZOOM (Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday TBD)
Non-auditioned. All are welcome to come and enjoy the art of singing.
Perform: 3 performance events between September and May (a holiday “virtual chorus” video and two additional events depending on circumstances, optionally with the adult Chorale, holiday events, and retirement homes, etc.).
- 30 rehearsals during the chorus season (online or in person, depending on the circumstances)
- 2 half hour private voice lessons (during the chorus season)
- Group instruction in reading music and singing technique, tailored to children’s needs
- Initial “welcome” meet and greet (one on one with Director)
- Personalized Dropbox folder with choral mp3 warmups
- MP3’s of all accompaniments
- Monthly online chorus events, musical games and challenging and fun repertoire
- Progress reports twice per year
$695 for the entire season (fall through May)
Paid in one or two installments (October and February)
Top 20 reasons for children to join a choir:
- Increased social skills and emotional intelligence
- Develops empathy & philanthropy
- Language arts skills
- Increased self esteem
- Academic improvement
- Memory skills
- Singing releases endorphins
- Help exhibit better emotional management
- Cultural exploration through repertoire
In-person rehearsals are planned for the Carmel area, location to be determined.