Learn to Sing, Join a Chorus
Fall Registration Open
It has happened! Putnam’s first county-wide children’s chorus wrapped up its first spring season and is getting ready for the fall season to come. Experience the joy and growth of learning to sing. Register today to benefit from the expertise of a proven voice teacher, conductor, and professional soprano Jessica Zamek.
Enjoy the association with the county’s premiere adult chorus, The Putnam Chorale. Healthy vocal technique and musicianship skills are the key to joyful singing! And skilled choruses have wide open opportunities to travel, compete, collaborate.
Join in! No audition required. Ages 8-12 (with exceptions for siblings). Registration open for the fall semester. (See flyer below.) Call (845.520.7574) or email us (JessicaZ@PutnamChorale.org) for further information. We’d love to have you!
Tuition is prorated for late enrollments; please inquire. See Registration Form. (Scholarships are available. Please email us with questions.)
Support a young singer. Click below to donate to Youth Chorus scholarship fund.
Our Fall/Spring Program
- Weekly in-person rehearsals, 4:30 to 5:30 Mondays (ZOOM rehearsals will be substituted if necessary for weather or health restrictions.)
- Group instruction in reading music and singing technique, tailored to children’s needs
- Initial assessment, intro to choral singing, (one on one with Director)
- Dropbox folder with choral mp3 warmups
- MP3’s of all accompaniments
- Available to discuss student progress upon request
- Performance events will be determined as the year develops
Top reasons for children to join a choir:
- Increased social skills and emotional intelligence
- Develops empathy & philanthropy
- Language arts skills
- Increased self esteem
- Academic improvement
- Memory skills
- Singing releases endorphins
- Help exhibit better emotional management
- Cultural exploration through repertoire