Learn to Sing, Join a Chorus
Summer Registration Open
It has happened! Putnam’s first county-wide children’s chorus is wrapping up its first spring season and getting ready for the summer workshop and the fall season to come. Experience the joy and growth of learning to sing. Register today to benefit from the expertise of a proven voice teacher, conductor, and professional soprano Jessica Zamek.
Enjoy the association with the county’s premiere adult chorus, The Putnam Chorale. Healthy vocal technique and musicianship skills are the key to joyful singing! And skilled choruses have wide open opportunities to travel, compete, collaborate.
Join in! No audition required. Ages 8-12 (with exceptions for siblings). Registration open for the summer workshop, July 19-23, 2021. (See flyer below.) Check back here by June 30 for information on the 2021-22 season. Call (845.520.7574) or email us (JessicaZ@PutnamChorale.org) for further information. We'd love to have you!
Tuition is prorated for late enrollments; please inquire. See Registration Form. (Scholarships are available. Please email us with questions.)
Support a young singer. Click below to donate to Youth Chorus scholarship fund.
Our Fall/Spring Program
- Weekly ZOOM or in-person rehearsals, 4:30 to 5:30 Wednesdays, during the chorus season. (In person rehearsals will be announced depending on weather and any health restrictions.)
- 2 half hour private voice lessons (during the chorus season)
- Group instruction in reading music and singing technique, tailored to children’s needs
- Initial “welcome” meet and greet (one on one with Director)
- Personalized Dropbox folder with choral mp3 warmups
- MP3’s of all accompaniments
- Monthly online chorus events, musical games and challenging and fun repertoire
- Progress reports twice per year
- Performance events will be determined as the year develops.
Top reasons for children to join a choir:
- Increased social skills and emotional intelligence
- Develops empathy & philanthropy
- Language arts skills
- Increased self esteem
- Academic improvement
- Memory skills
- Singing releases endorphins
- Help exhibit better emotional management
- Cultural exploration through repertoire