Learn to Sing, Join a Chorus
It’s HAPPENING! A new and exciting opportunity awaits! Your child has the chance to become part of Putnam’s FIRST county-wide children’s chorus and experience the joy and growth of learning to sing. Register today to benefit from the expertise of a proven voice teacher, conductor, and professional soprano Jessica Zamek.
Enjoy the association with the county’s premiere adult chorus, The Putnam Chorale. Healthy vocal technique and musicianship skills are the key to joyful singing! And skilled choruses have wide open opportunities to travel, compete, collaborate.
Join us! No audition required. Initially seeking children 8-12. Rehearsals start March 3, 2021 for the shortened spring season. Wednesdays, 4:30 - 5:30 PM, online using ZOOM (until conditions allow in-person). Private voice lessons (two included) are scheduled at mutual convenience. Call (845.520.7574) or email us (JessicaZ@PutnamChorale.org) for further information. We'd love to have you!
Tuition is $250 for the spring season, March through May, prorated for registrations after March 7. See Registration Form. (Scholarships are available. Please email us with questions.)
Support a young singer. Click below to donate to Youth Chorus scholarship fund.
- Weekly online ZOOM rehearsals, 4:30 to 5:30 Wednesdays), during the chorus season. (In person rehearsals will be the Carmel/Brewster area, location to be announced.)
- 2 half hour private voice lessons (during the chorus season)
- Group instruction in reading music and singing technique, tailored to children’s needs
- Initial “welcome” meet and greet (one on one with Director)
- Personalized Dropbox folder with choral mp3 warmups
- MP3’s of all accompaniments
- Monthly online chorus events, musical games and challenging and fun repertoire
- Progress reports twice per year
- Performance events will be determined as the year develops. A possible “virtual chorus” video, community events, and retirement homes, etc.
Top reasons for children to join a choir:
- Increased social skills and emotional intelligence
- Develops empathy & philanthropy
- Language arts skills
- Increased self esteem
- Academic improvement
- Memory skills
- Singing releases endorphins
- Help exhibit better emotional management
- Cultural exploration through repertoire